And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. […] Then the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9
We are coming to the end of the year and it is the time where we are feeling festive and blissful. We put down the bad and the ugly behind, looking forward to a new beginning. And that’s really good. The bible says, fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable, what is right and what is pure and lovely. What is admirable and things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
You see, we are being constantly ‘bombarded’ by terrors, uncertainty, diseases/viruses, and so many other negative things, that if we dont have a counter, we will then go on a slow spiral down into depression and sickness. Your mind will be trouble, your spirit will be down and finally sickness appears for a final countdown.
That’s what the world can offer at best, keeping fixing on whatever happy thoughts you can gather and keep replaying in your mind. But dear brother and sisters, we have something even more power and everlasting. What is more true and right and pure and lovely and admirable and excellent and worthy of praise?
It is this: That God, Christ Jesus, Himself, left and gave up His own majesty and divinity to come into this world. Willing suffered at the hands of the very creation He wanted to save. To redeem us from our sin by taking our sin on Himself and suffered its consequences. After exhausting all the judgement and punishments on our behalf, Christ Jesus died a sorrowful death.
By His death – we are given life, by His strips – we are healed, by his sorrows – we rejoice. Out of love, to save you and I from eternal damnation. Think of such thoughts:
- That you are so preciously loved that Christ Jesus so willing to die in your place.
- That God will redeem you out of whatever bad situation you are in because He had redeemed you from the worst.
- That God Himself will restore what you have lost and will be above what you have originally lost.
- That Christ has done all that needs to be done, we are rest fully in His perfect work.
- That you are not caringly nurtured, truly blessed, and highly favored because you are children of the Almighty God.
- That you are forever, saved and redeemed for eternity in heaven, a place Christ personally are preparing for you.
- That we have such an awesome and wonderful God that is so worthy of praise.
Such are the happy (excellent) thoughts!
Have a blessed Christmas full of revelation of Christ Jesus!